Navigating international travel amidst a landscape of everchanging COVID-19 travel requirements can be tricky – but it shouldn’t put your wanderlust on pause. Here are some helpful resources to make traveling and diving in Roatan easy, safe and stress-free.
- Honduras Entry Requirements
- COVID-19 Testing in Roatan
- Our COVID-19 Prevention Protocols
- Diving and COVID 19
Honduras Entry Requirements
Current Requirements & Regulations
Honduran airports require all travelers, vaccinated or not to comply with the following airport biosecurity protocols:
- Correctly wearing masks / face coverings
- Maintaining social distancing
- Using hand sanitizing gel as instructed.
To enter Honduras, travelers must also complete the following requirements:
- Honduras Immigration Pre-Check Required for All Travelers: Submit this Immigration Pre-check form within 48 hours of your arrival date (no earlier). You can register and complete the questions in advance, however you cannot submit until you are within the 48-hour window.
- You must complete the virtual customs form, health form and upload your COVID-19 test results if applicable.
- Do not try to complete the form on a mobile device. Desktop or laptop is best.
- United States can be found under “Estados Unidos”
- You will receive an email response which you will need to print and have available when going through immigration.
- Highlight your name, pre-check# and travel date for faster processing at the immigration desk.
- Anthony’s Key has a helpful User Guide for Honduras Immigration Forms
- Vaccinated Travelers: If you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and your travel date is 14 days after your final shot, you just need to present your ORIGINAL vaccination card. A copy will not be accepted. And you do not need to take a COVID-19 test to enter.
- Non-Vaccinated or Not Fully Vaccinated Travelers: A negative COVID-19 test, taken not more than 72 hours prior to your entry to Honduras is required if you have not been vaccinated or have not received your final shot. Accepted tests are the Rapid Antigen Test or the Polymerase Chain Reaction Test (rt-PCR) in real time.
- Prohibited Travelers: People who are from or have traveled to South Africa or the United Kingdom in the past 21 days are prohibited from entering Honduras. This does not include Honduran residents or nationals.
COVID-19 Testing in Roatan
Antigen and RT-PCR tests can be easily accessed on Roatan for a relatively low fee. Visit the International Air Transport Associations Destination Tracker or your destination’s travel authority for the latest entry requirements.
On-Site Testing at Sun Divers Fully enjoy your diving vacation and leave the hassle of arranging your COVID testing to us. As part of our concierge diving services, we have partnered with Island Med Clinic Roatan to offer on-site antigen testing after our two-tank morning dive trips. Cost is $40 cash paid directly to the clinic and you can pick up your results at our dive center the very next morning. Please make your reservation request four days before your departure date.
Our COVID-19 Prevention Protocols
Safety is always the top priority when it comes to giving you an amazing experience with us – whether you’re above or below the water. We’ve implemented the following COVID Safety Protocols in accordance with the latest local government requirements and medical community guidelines:
- Assigned Regulators: If you are renting scuba equipment from us, you will be given a designated regulator for the duration of your stay. The regulator is numbered for easy identification by you and our staff.
- Sanitization Protocol: All surfaces in the dive center undergo frequent cleaning with disinfectant. All gear is properly disinfected and stored in a sterile setting — with masks and regulators undergoing additional sanitization. Our office includes a gel sanitization station, and signage helps educate guests and staff alike on proper hand washing methods.
- Social Distancing: Our focus on small group diving allows for plenty of space both aboard our boats and around our facilities. Our outdoor dive center features plenty of space – including our deck right on the beach – where you can put on your gear, organize your things pre and post dive, or just lounge in the shade and take in the waterfront views all while maintaining the appropriate distance from other divers.
Diving and COVID-19
For the latest guidelines and recommendations related to COVID-19 and diving, we recommend that you visit the Divers Alert Network (DAN) COVID-19 information page.